Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Throwing The Baby Out

Throwing The Baby Out


I have to plead guilty to having been one of those who decried the little black Dress or LBD's as they were dubbed by the masses and I would avoid them like the plague for a Party thinking they were downright dull and boring.

Throwing The Baby Out

Throwing The Baby Out

Throwing The Baby Out


Throwing The Baby Out



Throwing The Baby Out

But you know what, I have been casting around with some of the new designers and there are some stunning new arrivals to delight the eye and I'm going to add them again to my Party roster.

In fact I have been tempted to have more of them than anything else in the quiver. I guess the trouble was that we all succumbed to the general malaise of expecting the LBD's to fit a preconceived notion of young married becoming very young matron not wearing anything non-traditional or daring or even chic.

Well phooey to that. How outdated can youget?

I'll cite some terrific examples of what I mean. Try Jenni Kayne for instance. She has a Tie Tank at ShopBop for $ 250 and it's a little charmer. Tunic tank in soft silk with a ruched neckline, surged hem and side detail. Contrast straps tie at shoulders. It's deceptively simple, thigh high which really appeals to me and I can't wait to take it to the next event.

Or how about Sari Gueron's Lace Jacket with Flower Detail? It's a short-sleeved jacket in cotton lace with Teo yvelaze, flower, and feather detail and a silk-chiffon lining. It's also good and short and just a bit more pricey at $ 899. oh well! You can't have everything!

A couple more for good measure? OK This one's a rocket. Rachel Roy's Raz Tunic Dress. This is a shift with a delicatesheen. Appliqué and metallic stitching detail. Front zip pockets. The exposed back zip is outlined on red seam which stands out and screams. This one will definitely get the tongues wagging! It's $ 1,095

And last but not least. And I'm going to cheat! It's not a LBD! But rather a gorgeous Open Back Dress by Thakoon. Fine-knit sweater Dress in a soft wool blend. Ribbed band at scoop back. Elastic waistband and ribbed edges. It's a beautiful rich Royal Blue. Btw price is $ 1,095 and worth every penny. The back is to die for. Just look and tell me it's not the living end!

Throwing The Baby Out

No comments:

Post a Comment